Care & Maintenance Tips
Because Casual Classics outdoor furniture and accessories are designed for years of use under the harshest weather conditions, Care & Maintenance is quick and easy. Just follow these simple tips to ensure the lasting quality and comfort of your Casual Classics products.
- Cleaning - Use mild soap and warm water. Do not use abrasive materials or cleansers.
- Maintenance - Clean your frames before storing. In cold climates, be sure to drain any water accumulated inside the frame prior to storing for the winter.
- Teak Furniture:
- Cleaning - Periodically clean using a mild soap solution, scrubbing dirt and pollution off with a stiff-bristled nylon brush and rinsing it off with water.
- Maintenance - If you wish to enhance the golden color of the wood you may treat the furniture with teak oil or teak sealer. We recommend sealer, as it attracts less dirt particles. Follow label directions for best application success. You may visit your local marine supply store for best selection and advise. Check and re-tighten the hardware after the first few weeks of use. If teak is left untreated it will "weather" to a silver gray patina.
- Cleaning - Wash frequently with mild soap and warm water. In areas with heavy pollution or smog, use commercially available liquid cleaners. Do not use abrasive materials or cleansers.
- Maintenance - The application of commercially available vinyl protectors enhances the look, strengthens and prolongs the life of the straps.
- Cushions, Fabrics and Slings:
- Cleaning - Wipe up minor spills with mild soap and a damp cloth. Although the fabric has been treated against stains, over time you may have to use commercially available liquid cleaners. Follow cleaner manufacturer's directions.
- Maintenance - The best way to maintain the beauty of your cushions or slings for years is to store them in a dry area out of the elements, or cover them with commercially available furniture covers when not in use. If your furniture is being used in areas where birds and trees are plentiful, covering cushions is especially recommended.
- Glass Tabletops:
- Cleaning - Use mild soap and water or commercially available glass cleaners. Do not use cleaners or abrasive materials.