The Casual Classics Difference
Casual Classics Furniture Group is a nationwide casual furniture buying group. The Group is one hundred percent member owned.
To contact the executive offices of Casual Classics call (855) 353-5109
Our mission is to serve the retail outdoor furniture industry with profitable partnerships for members and suppliers, ultimately benefiting consumers through competitive pricing of high quality, durable outdoor products. We achieve this through volume purchasing and cooperative marketing, advertising, financing and business operations.
The business was created by 3 entrepreneurial outdoor furniture retailers. As of January 2012, membership totaled 45 leading casual furniture companies throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada.
The company was developed to respond to growing mass merchants like Costco, Home Depot and Sam's club. Founding members saw that, as these retail giants got larger, smaller independents couldn't provide the volume they needed to support the suppliers. Ultimately, they'd be priced out of the market. Further, the members wanted to develop products that were unique and attractive at prices their consumers could afford.
The members therefore decided to leverage buying power through a member-owned group. In addition, they agreed to design and produce their own unique products under an exclusive label, appropriately called Casual Classics.
- Founders Buzz Homsy, David Ghiz and Jim Bowen
Casual Classics Today
Since inception, the company has experienced tremendous growth. Combined wholesale volumes for the first year totaled less than $ 1 million. By the end of 2012, that number will top $22 million. Member retail outlets have grown to approximately 250 in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. We are currently pursuing unfilled markets in Missouri, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Hawaii and 2 in Southern California.
We have exclusive agreements with more than 10 vendors with a diverse line of products that includes teak, wicker, and wrought iron. All products are marketed with a Casual Classics hang tag. Our brand name is trademarked and insured.
The products are covered under exclusive warranties and are designed for years of use in the harshest of weather conditions.
- Aluminum Frames:
- Our distinctive patio furniture features heavy gauge aluminum alloy extrusions with uniquely supported inner walls. We have determined that the finest combination of strength and durability lies in heliarc hand welds, hand ground where applicable, to ensure strong construction for our design.
- Our multistage powder coat process prepares every Casual Classics frame. The frames are inspected before entering our pre-treatment center, where the surfaces are chemically cleaned and prepared. Frames are covered in our specially formulated powder coat finish in a variety of colors and textures. The bonding and curing process follows in our specially constructed Casual Classics treatment center.
- We use the ultimate outdoor material for style, support, and comfort: 100% virgin vinyl. Our vinyl is specifically formulated to retain its shape and to resist the most severe climatic conditions for many years. Each strap is double wrapped around the frame and secured in place. Ultraviolet stabilizers are added to resist the sun's radiation.
- We utilize a high grade of 100% polyester wrapped layer of polyurethane foam. The polyester fills the cushion, ensuring deep comfort, and the foam helps maintain the shape and fullness. Our top quality fabrics are specially designed, woven, printed and treated to resist staining and wear. Ultraviolet (UV) stabilizers are added to assist in resisting the sun's rays.
- The fabric on our sling style furniture is made from the strongest materials developed for outdoor furniture. Extruding PVC produces the yarns over a core of polyester fibers, a process originally developed to make car tires. The yarns are woven and heat-sealed to keep their shape for many years. Finally the fabric is stretched between dual sling rails that beautifully frame the fabric.